Wednesday, February 6, 2013

CNY eve....

The dinner/lunch on the 30th of December of Chinese Year is a important day for Chinese. I remembered during my childhood day, the usual routine would be eating lunch at our house and dinner at my mother side grand parent’s house around Chuah( small town near Sg Nipah – famous for the Nipah Virus) . My father side grand father would joined us for lunch and later we would stay in Chuah for 1-2 days and proceed to Seremban(my uncle’s house) for another 1-2 days.


My mother side relatives would gather together and celebrate. One of the exciting parts was the gambling session, the elder cousin and my uncle would start 1-2 tables of black jack / 3 pieces (a modified version of Baccarat, in which everyone received 2 cards instead of the original banker vs. player)


My parents would usually join a game of mahjong and the rounds would last to late night. As for the younger ones there are endless foods , videos , movies and games… A great memory for me minus the angpow part. As the angpow was very small….


I had booked a table in a vegetarian restaurant in the D mall at K City this year, food is rather cheap and nice..(be frank, I had booked it late and it is the only available option that I have….)


No comments:

Post a Comment