Monday, February 11, 2013

CNY shift 1....

I had done a 26 hr shift yesterday…

The shift had a bad start as I was trapped in front for a traffic light for a good 20 minutes. Unlike last year, there is only a handful of police working instead of a load… Well, I still get to the job on time to relieve K.

There is 1 patient every 5-10 minutes… I was still able to take a intermittent “eye-closing” rest.

The ED was crowded with case of acute gastroenteritis in which most of them had to put on a drip. Our superintendent had helped me out during the night but still the speed limiting factor for a consultation is the nursing manpower, a fact that is in-correctable due to shortage of manpower….

In the night, the incoming rate had fallen from 5-10min to 10-15min which is still very sleep disrupting…

The pacing had caught up later in the morning and from time to time, I had to tell the nurses that all the mosquito were dead due to my beating( a Chinese saying – beating mosquito means one had nothing to do)…

The shift ended 26 hrs later but I was still able to dragged myself to the car. The drive was a smooth one, I was so afraid that I fall asleep during the drive but still, I was cool....and I hit the bed at 3pm....

No comments:

Post a Comment