Sunday, September 29, 2013

better than robbing...


I had gotten several calls from the local telcom company recently about upgrading my broadband. The promoter had tried to get my approval for the past few months for an upgrade of speed. The promotion package was simple; by adding a mere RM3/month, I could double the 50M/10M speed I am currently subscribing. I was reluctant to do so as I am afraid that I need to reset the whole system(password change, user name change, fixed IP change and so and so and so…)
After a few calls, I finally gave in and consented with the offer. It took another 2 weeks before the technician called me up for the replacement…..the replacement of the DSL unit took about 15mins.
As I expected, the router failed to connect the modem to the net. I had 2 set of username and password -> 1 for floating IP and 1 for fixed IP. The reason I applied for a fixed IP is to assess my CCTV over the net. Well, I tried switch to the floating IP set and it works….. took me another good 20 mins of reboot trial to found out that the telekom had relocated a new set of fixed IP to me….
Well, I am back online….
I did a glance later on over the net and found out that the TMnet is offering a 20M package for RM249…..5 times slower and twice expensive ….. a 10X difference…wow, just like the cantonese like to say, "hou guo hei qiong"( better than robbing)
Haven’t full throttle the speed yet but whatever is the result the RM3 is well spent…

No comments:

Post a Comment