Monday, September 23, 2013

blurred glasses and vertigo


I had this on and off attack of dizziness since our trip to Disney. The dizziness was associated with on and off attack of headache… it is disturbing as it is associated with postural change. The dizziness did not improve and it had recurred every now and then. Lately, I had some itchness and discomfort over my eyes and I finally noted that my spectacle’s lens was blurred like don’t know what. In the past, I had always advice my patient to check their eyesight during workup for their vertigo… and for the past few weeks, I had forgotten about this basic concept….
So I went to the local spec shop 4 days ago and ordered a pair of news lens (frame= my old sun glasses which I seldom use). The optometrist had recommended Zeiss and I took his offered. As my vision was bad but not worse enough (only -6.0 and -6.5), I could opt for the cheaper 1.56 aspheric lens. (owner = church’s member and he gave a 45% discount). The math was simple, lower refractive index = lower Abbe index = clearer vision = thicker lens. Of clarity and thickness, I opted for clarity….
I got my new glasses at noon prior to my shift(Lem had to go off early for presentation at the ER status review conference) , there was no dizziness nor vertigo noted for me since then…..I had escaped from another crisis and life goes on…

No comments:

Post a Comment