Saturday, November 2, 2013

BPPV - aint benign at all....

The past 1 week was a real torment… It all started since my influenza immunization jab last Tuesday after my night shift….Everything was smooth until Wednesday morning 5am when I regained my conscious with my eyes set at closing mode. I had experienced this spinning sensation when I tried to lay on my right side. I had this sudden onset of spinning sensation. The sensation had become worsen within seconds and I had to adjust my position…. Minutes later, I started to realize that I am in deep sxxt of mud as the vertigo I was experiencing was posture-related. I had sat up and there was this mild nausea sensation and dizziness which persisted for a good 15mins. A short test of moving my head left and right with various tilting angle had confirmed my doubt - It was apparent that I had BPPV (Benign positional peripheral vertigo) which is not benign at all….
I had struggled to work on Wednesday - > took a careful drive ->keeping my head straight and not to turn left and right.
I managed to survived the call by trying my best to keep my head straight.
The challenge came when I tried to get some sleep after I hit home -> I was unable to lay flat and I had to sleep on the sofa in semi upright position (for the next few days).
I had to slow down my movement, action for the next few days. It was a long weekend off for me and I was able to take a good rest despite my imbalance problem.
Apart from taking some metoclopromade and cephadol on an irregular basis, I had tried Epley’s maneuver a few times and it did not improved my discomfort dramatically but I was lucky that I had not throw up at the worst moment.
I had gone back to work on Monday with residual symptom….over the days, my symptom had gradually improved and I still experienced spinning sensation on a certain angle of head tilting, I considered myself being healed.
But yet I had learnt to stop and think before I moved on ( I had tried to teach the kid similar event lately…), for the past few days, the LORD had wanted me to slow down, and also be a straight person – honest and compliance to the rules, correlating to what my professor of  bible expository had taught me lately……

No comments:

Post a Comment