Saturday, November 2, 2013

price of reluctant...

It was Friday morning, as I slowly taxied Fefe to the main gate to pick up Yun and Xian, I had noticed that Fefe had slant over the driver side with an unusual angle. A bad feeling had flashed over my mind and my heart sunk to the deepest trench of the manila sea when I saw the flat tyre, "Not again..." 
I glide Fefe aside allowing Ving to drive Yun and Xian to school. There was this tyre shop 300m from my house but there is no way I could drive to the shop with the flat tyre, the drive would definitely damage the tyre. I decided to replace the flat one with the spare one….
It was my second tyre change in 12 months. Not an easy task as the Fefe was LSUV(L = large)…. The last tyre change was a stressful event for me but I had no choice.
I struggled to jack the car up and completed the tyre change when Ving return. There was a few near fainting occasion when I tried to look under the car to locate the proper position of the jack, as I am still suffering from the not that Benign PPV....Thanks to the LORD, the spare tyre had 28 PSI left and I was able to drive to the nearby tyre shop for the repair.
I left house at 8:30am after spending RM20 for the tyre repair, I managed to reach the land of lion at 9:20am. During the drive, I told myself, "Enough is enough" and I had decided to dip myself back to the world of TPMS.
The Zs had come with an indirect TPMS and it had saves my ass a few times…however I was reluctant to get myself a TPMS as I thought a tyre pressure gauge and an electrical pump would do the job. But I was wrong as I am not that kind of person who is prompt to utilize the gauge from time to time.
I did a survey over the TPMS product prior to the change to the current Michelin tyres but later forget about the issue.
I had been there before, I remembered those day when I given up with mobile interneting and I had lived with it for almost 2 year before I hit the rock during our round the island trip...

With my painful finger, I had ordered a pair of TPMS (for both of the car) over the net during the consultation in the clinic.
I got the TPMS at 3pm today and I spent a good one hour with Xian installing the gadgets.
Out of my expectation, the newly install tyres of Ving’s Sisi are not properly inflated. They were not only over inflated but the difference of PSI over the tyre with the highest and lowest PSI was more than 5PSI. It took me sometime to deflate the tyre to the recommended figure.
The similar event was noted in Fefe as I had to deflate and inflate some of the tyres to make the figure look good. It looks like I had to rely on myself in the future...
I had read over the net and found that a most tyre vendor had recommended that the tyre pressure should followed the recommendation of the car factory but yet there are a lots of the forumer over the net that spread around opinions that the tyre pressure should be set at 80% of the maximum pressure set by the tyre vendor.  
I choose to believe the tyre vendor…..


I hope that I would not have to take out the spare tyre again in the near future….

No comments:

Post a Comment