Wednesday, November 20, 2013

new scheme of 14->12 and x24


It had been a disturbing week…Boss had found K and told him about his two wishes about our roster next months. As K wishes to earn extra by covering the ward; K had been responsible for our roster since months ago. Our roster would usually be settled before mid of the months. The 2 wishes were: 12 hrs shift and no back to back shift(12+12 = 24 hrs shift).
K had reshuffled the roster after the talk with boss. Lem and I were not satisfied with the roster and we had deep discussion later. Boss excuse was relatively weak – no more making up…but yet we are not the only unit that does so…
After some discussion and we had managed to persuade the admin that we kept the December roster….But yet the future roster would have to commit to the 2 requirements.
Pros – I got to eat my dinner in the house and look at both of the kiddo homework before I come to work...
Cons – 1 additional shift per months(14->15 shifts)
The acts did however pissed me off and I decided to plan a trip back to Malaysia during the CNY. I did express my concern and told that there would be no 24 hrs shift for me in the future no matter what is the situation...
There were so many speculations about the changes and I would not want to point any finger at the moment….

No comments:

Post a Comment