Saturday, May 4, 2013

GE13 - D day

I had spent almost half of my life living overseas but yet, I am passionate to the land. There was this conversation that taken place few years ago.
There was this English teacher in our church that had a brief chat with me in English. She told me that most of the Malaysian and Singaporean she met dislike their country and I replied her that I am one of the exceptions… I considered myself as a patriot, I served my country before even though I am staying overseas, I still love my country. I taught her the Malay phrase - > tempat tumpah darahku -> “the land that I spill my blood”, I learnt this phrase during my high school and had the passion toward the land, even though, I received no aid from the govt for my study, yet I still served my duty as a lowly paid(at the time la, not now of coz) medical officer in the rural area. There was once, I had a second thought of leaving Malaysia for good but yet, the feeling toward the land could not be overcomed so easily… I am here, proudly as a Malaysian ; whenever other people asked me if I am a “Hua Qiao”(chinese who reside outside Taiwan/China), I would told them that, nope, I am a foreigner, a Malaysian…
I had been checking up the malaysiakini website every 20mins for update…hoping to grasp the feeling of being there.
6 more hours to go before the count…
I regretted for voting as a postal voter, should have gone back and vote and be part of the historical event…

No comments:

Post a Comment