Monday, April 7, 2014

bar mizvah ride....

Xian had asked me if I would be working on the mid of May and I told him that I would spare the day if he wanted me to do so… He told me that he wanted to join the 100 km bicycle ride
The government had been promoting cycling  as "bar mizvah" for the junior high graduate since few years. The ministry of sport had funded tons of rides which is co-organized by local authority. As the head master is a cyclist fan, he had been offering such event to elementary school student - Xian had taken part in one of the ride during his 2nd grade.  
It is another hell ride again, the torment is not the physical stress but the worried of traffic accident. Well, riding alone is simple, but riding with a bunch of reckless junior youngster is another story. Yun had encountered couple of falls during the ride and had vowed that she would ride in any further event last year... but when Xian came back with the news, she had asked Xian to get 2 more forms for her and her friend.....
I had been participating in the event annually for the past few years. Frankly said, riding a folding bike in such event was quite a stress as most of the participants ride a 26 ‘ wheeler, it would take some effort to keep up with them . For the past 5 years, I had been participated  annually with 1 withdrawal (due to flat tire).

Well, it is still a thrilling experience for an old dog like me. I had a good training route and with the Garmin edge 800, I am able to monitor myself safely during my training rounds. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment