Wednesday, April 2, 2014

looking back and eyeing forward...

I read through Yun’s examination paper lately… well, I could barely answer her Chinese paper and the rest of her papers were like senior high level. She scored >70 over half of her subject and still struggling with her Chinese(which was darn darn difficult..)
I am glad that she was improving and understood the importance of self motivated studying. Still, I just don't want to put any pressure on her at the moment.
She was worried about her future like I was in the past. I was anxious because I knew it would be very difficult for my parents to support me to go abroad. I had thought of many ways of staying back in Malaysia furthering my study with the cheapest way. I deeply thank them for their effort. Yun was however worried about how to keep her residential status after her graduation. According to the local law, she would have to give up her alien resident certificate at the age of 20. (but by then she would be in her sophomore year and she would be holding her own ARC under the reason of further study) .I had comforted her and told her that she would be fine as the country here is trying to secure more young professionals. But to be  an eligible one, she would have to choose the right path.
I had told her that she had to focus on her study and she would have a good choice when choosing her tertiary education path.
For those riches, there should be no differences, cannot study ? then work in the family business, but I don’t have any to let them to work in…so it is up to them to struggle, and hopefully they could.
There was once, when I had worried so much about their future. But slowly, my savior had convinced me that let him lead the path…
I have seen their improvement and I ought to imitate my savior acting as a shepherd instead of a controller. They are not going to complete what I had left out but yet they would walk down the path as they are destined to do so.

They do not have the luxury like me to enjoy extra-curriculum activity which taught me so many thins but yet they enjoyed what I haven’t in the past. You gain some you lose some….

No comments:

Post a Comment