Friday, April 18, 2014

Farewell....


TiVO had been in our family for over 8 years. I had upgraded its’ 80G hard disc to 320G recent few years and the kid had been enjoying it. The interface was one of the best, it’s intelligent fast forward function is my favorite. The cons – poor resolution, it’s output to my 47LCD via AV signal resulting in image that is about 480p….but nothing to shout as the signal from the cable is as bad as it is….
2 weeks ago, my cable TV provider had sent me a notice that the analog signal would be shut down at the end of the months and we would need to upgrade to the new digital system for further viewing. I had asked around and found out that the provider had upgraded 90% of the subscribers and applied to the NCC for implement the total digitization and shutting down the analog signal.
The pros -> HD quality but cons ->giving up TiVO
I would have to give up my TiVO as my TiVO does not support the new digital system.
Well, the HD is awesome and the PVR service is suboptimal but acceptable…

Farewell, TiVO…hopefully it would introduce the HD version in the future…

No comments:

Post a Comment