Tuesday, October 14, 2014

serve....

I had a small chat with Han during the insertion of double lumen catheter few days ago. One of my classmate had gone back to Malaysia to practice recently. He is cardiothoracic surgeon by training and is currently posted to Penang… he is satisfied with the 10+K RM salary and I envy him. 
There had been many occasions I had been asked if I wanted to go home to practice and I told them that I wanted to serve the public instead of the affordable. Indeed, the only way to serve the public in Malaysia is to work with the govt. It would be a chop waist cutting of salary for me….and if I open a clinic or work with a private hospital, I could not do what I am doing now….
The only regret I have is that I could not be my parents attending physician whenever they need me.

It is always a trading game, just like MPQ, one would need to determine the priority and go for it and never look back.
6 more year before Xian hit college and hopefully it would be a turning point for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment