Saturday, October 4, 2014

Not to worry when you work for the great one...

I did not sleep well as “trafficking” the medication was actually illegal. Well, I woke up at 4:10am and starting the final checking and packing. Leaving the hotel by 5am and dropping the car at the carpark. I was ferried over to the airport by the car park operator as usual.
I met my team members later at the airport. The check-in was smooth and I took a nap on board.
The plan arrived at Bangkok airport on time…I missed my lunch as I was too worried about the “load”…The short intro clip about the departing x-ray scan was quite disturbing.(this is the only country that I knew that wanted an xray scan of luggage before departing airport ).
However with the grace of god, the custom officer did not ask us to open the box of medication and we had slipped through the scan without any obstacle…I praise the great one and almost kneed down when we walk out from the airport.
The atmosphere around the airport is tense; heavy armed arm forces securing the perimeter….
We were picked up by the director of the foundation and we headed to Satun.
After a brief introduction by the local staff; we were told that we would be sleeping in the office instead of posting to the other missionary’s house.
The 2 nurses took the room and I slept at the conference room.
We were lead to the local TESCO and had dinner there. I had a plate of fried Kwaitiao -> Singapore fried beehon flavor… food was nice but very small plate; although the rock which hung on my heart was thrown to limbo but yet I was worried about the clinic tomorrow, the small plate of Kwaitiao was enough. 
The medication had entered with blessing but yet I was still worried about the amount - > is it enough for the 6 clinics we planned ?
We picked up some bread and packet drinks before we left TESCO.

I hit dreamland just after 10….

No comments:

Post a Comment