Tuesday, October 7, 2014

the reward...

 Our last stop was a tour in Hatyai. Hatyai was a place that I had known for over 30+ years but never set my foot on. My neighbor, auntie and many whom I known had gone there, it is a shopping paradise for many. The 1D1N tour pushed out in the night and reached Hatyai in the morning. After a day tour, they would hop back to the bus headed home. No stay in hotel and they often come back loaded with stock.
The bombing might have shadowed some foreigner but yet Hatyai is still flourished with its tourism. The streets around Lee Garden Plaza are very similar to the Petaling Street. There are varieties of shops around the area. We had put up at the Tune Hotel which is very closed to the main shopping area. I did not spend a fortune but my suitcase was still filled up (with Pocky (banana, strawberry ....)).
 Despite of the tense atmosphere, I told myself, I would bring my family here next year….
I woke up early on the final day and I viewed the life ceremony of the returning of fellow Malaysian from Armsterdam. The kawad kaki was darn lousy, if I were the sergeant major, I would have their axx....
The returning journey was a stressful one for me after the break..
Although I had asked, requested, begged to change the flight returning from Thailand, the organizing party did not comply my pledge. The returning flight would arrive at 10:30pm…and it is 4+ hrs drive from CKS tom my house…although I had tried my best by providing the flight no. I preferred but yet my pleading was not heard.
The flight was eventually delayed for 30mins and I was lucky to get into my car at 11:20pm…The drive was uneventful and I reached home by 3:45am….
By 8am, I was back to my ED desk….
It was a journey which brought some surprise for the local staff; after many years of struggling and servicing the local people, the local staff had the opportunity for the 1st time to spread gospel during their visit to a family….Indeed the mission is not only a personal feeling to sacrifices and acted but yet, it is the mission of the great one, known as “mission dei” (I learnt it during my last subject…indeed this was a practical session for me..).

There would be another tour in December and this time all of us are going….

No comments:

Post a Comment