Saturday, July 4, 2009

ED is a mess

We had a discussion 2 days after the incident. My colleague had brought the problem up to the hospital superintendent. He is a surgeon and he is a man of principle. He had refused to provide the report when the patient asked for a referral. The act of our ortho man had irritated him – as the patient did not admit to my service than I am not his attending surgeon, so I have no responsibility to signed those papers.


If his statement is true, then my colleague CQ is not attending doctor(he did not see the patient at all), and the ortho man is also not his attending doctor – eventually I would be the one…I was the ED doctor that saw him.


I am not a man of trouble. When my night shift head nurse told me about the incident, I told her that she should have called me and I could have logged on to the hospital server and signed the report and referral letter from my house. (with full of grumble of coz…).


Well, what is the problem with our ortho guy ? Well, I had heard many rumors and most of them were negative one. Don’t mind and care about his act, but there is one tradition in our hospital – covering each other ass as you can. Well, I had not only once help my colleague signed the report.. So what was the big deal….


Well, he had skipped the discussion and we have talked freely, it seems that everyone was pre-brief(means gossip had become public secret). Our surgeons had decided to talk to him about the ecological situation in our hospital - hopefully he is smart enough to coup with us… I had told Lem if I heard anymore comment about “ ED is a mess” again(that was what he said during the surgery because the patient had changed his mind). He had blamed the ED for not persuade the patient to admission - my point of retailiation - the ortho man had no mouth ? he could have talked to the patient prior to surgery as the patient was given spinal aneasthesia instead of general. 


I would start my “messing up” – I would not help the ortho man to signed his surgical consent and would insist he come down to see the patient and signed the consent before he went in and scrub….


No comments:

Post a Comment