Saturday, July 4, 2009

Flight back home...

It had been a chaotic week for me… finally I am going to set foot again to the land where I spilled my blood(a malay way to say motherland)…Well, I had 2 shift to go from Mon to Thrs, then Friday would be THE DAY… I planned to put up a night in Tao Yuan where the airport situated…but later I found that it was not a good idea. The flight commenced at 4pm and there is still 4 hrs for me to “wander” around.


So I had a change of plan. I decided to move up in the morning. A risky plan but I thought worth every effort. Well, my plan was good – Ving did a last minutes packing. When I reached home by 6pm Thursday, no bag was packed yet..Well, the packing was completed late that night.


The morning drive was a sleepy one as I was so tired. 8hrs sleep for the past 48 hrs..I was exhausted. But the drive had to be done and Ving looked more tired than me…I had to take the last stand. Drive was smooth though, I took the 2nd North-South Highway where the traffic was less crowded. I completed the 380km drive after 4.5hrs(2 stops).


It was too early for check in yet(I tried a web-check in but failed instead). We took a tour at the aviation museum nearby..Very nice one , real cockpit and models. We left the museum by 1pm and when we arrived at the check in counter there was quite a crowd there. 4 counters were opened and I got my boarding pass 20 min later.


 We took our car to the car park and a van ferried us back to the airport. We passed the immigration without problem. I had been having problem with the security check since years ago. Always due to my St John Buckle. I had an bad experience on my last exit. The officer wanted me to take off my belt. I was very displeased about the action.


We had a snack at the restaurant nearby the boarding gate and headed to the C5 gate by 3:40pm. A totally different experience. A330 is a big airplane and with the 400 seats fitted in, it looks bigger. Now I am writing this blogs, squeezing my self with my 15’ ASUS (regret that my boss given me a big one instead of a 12’ one..) Anyway – 2 hrs before the flight land….


No comments:

Post a Comment