Monday, July 6, 2009

i wanna fly ...

I had been an aviation fan for half of my life… I remembered there was this card game during my school days. There was a title for each card – cars, sport cars, plane, tanks… Different vehicle was printed on each card. The cards were distributed and one of player would be the caller. The caller would decide which item to be compared. I learnt a lot of info regarding vehicle/plane/tanks from it.


Later when I got my first computer(8088, 64k ram, 2 floppy drives, CGA monitor). I dipped myself into the world of flight simulator. I had failed a lot times (more than 100) before I did a successful landing. I had played many flight simulator games since then. I purchased paddle, throttle and a good joystick later on (With my own money of coz..). One of my favorite model was 737…I day dream that during one of my flight between KHH and KUL, I might have the chance to help the plane land if the pilots failed…(day dream only of coz…)


Since we had 40 min left before our check in, we decided to have a tour in the aviation museum just next to the Tao Yuan International Airport. I remembered during my school days, it was named CKS International Airport. But the green govt had wanted de-CKS-rization to be done, so it was renamed.


Apart from the poster based history regarding flight. There were these cockpits for the visitors to get a real feeling of being a pilot…


 


hell load of plane model...






fighter jet cockpit...




not F14 definitely..but who cares...







top gun ?



Any way we had a great experience….


 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment