Sunday, July 19, 2009

landed - LCCT.

We landed back in LCCT on time - thanks for the bad weather(strong wind took the credit). It was a not a tiring flight. I took a nap and was in good shape when we landed. Well, it was quite a walk from the plane to the LCCT. I had read about "the march" - well, you get what you pay..


I was surprised when we reached the LCCT. There was this fever screening unit at the entrance. There was this long queue. The line was arranged in U shape and the line was not moving (STATIC !!!!). Violation of first rule in the fever screening station - static = increase risk of infection. There were a few staff nurse and MA assistant medical officer( they were renamed recently) standing in front. One medical officer was sitting at the end looking at the monitor. Taiwan had declared that the H1N1 is being treated like general influenza and no special measure to be taken just 1 week before I leave.
We finally passed the imigration and taken our luggage. I saw my brother in law - Wan waiting and we headed to Port Dickson - my uncle's house. It was 55 km away and I had not seen my granny for the past 5 years. I heard that she was in bad condition for the past 1 years. I wanted to see her. She cared for me and my brohter during our high school days - she often gave RM50 to us during our visit to her house. My parents was not doing well than...


I couldn't get any map for my GPS so Wan had did a sketch from the google map. I got a gonav S900 which run on papago R15 which I later upgraded to VRone. However the only Malaysia map I could lay my hand on was a R12 version. And I couldn't get any R12 Papago. So I gave up.
The navigation was easy when we passed by Sepang Town - it was a place I never forgot. I still remembered the incident - My dad was driving a Nissan C20 and we were on our way home from Chuah(yeap- the origin of Nipah Virus). The C20 was having problem igniting and needed a push-start. We were passing by Sepang town and there was this fire going on. Police was controlling the traffic. My dad was impatient as he was afraid that the car would switch off during the jam. He horned and one of the fat/hugh build , mustached police officer walked by - he asked my dad to pull over and ordered my dad down - he was taken to the balai(station). We had waited in the van for hours before he was released. I saw the disappointment and depress in my dad's eye but just didn't know how to support him verbally. I learned that he was the OCPD (officer in charge of the police department, 1 crown at least) of the town. I could imaging how my father begged for his pardon ... a sad one and my conclusion was  - PDRM sucks, he had no right to do that ... just a horn - and someone was detained for hours ...
The road was familiar and I saw development along the road. Shop houses were build and Apartment were placed.  When I reached my uncle's house it was almost 10... I saw my granny sleeping in the living room... She get old and so do I....


No comments:

Post a Comment