Sunday, July 19, 2009

to say or not to say...

Well, I did my Mon, Wed, Thrs call last week... heck, it was worst than I thought.... it was no the stress of not getting any sleep, but time being wasted on resting. I rather go back to those 15 shifts per months scheme.
It sounded like a good news when boss broke the news during my weekly meeting. Someone is coming. I got the following info :
1.A board certified Emergency Physician
2.Working in hospital nearby
3.He is senior (means older than me...)
4.His current employer is willing to let him go eventhough his contract ends next year


I had a closed friend(senior) working in that hospital and he is currently holding very senior post there. I could have call him up but I didn't - I was afraid that he give me any negative comment and in that case I would be in deep shit. Boss might taken my advice and stopped him from coming and the lubang(hole,night shift ...etc..) still there. Then I had to cont my 10 shifts/month life. If I withhold such info, than if later boss know that I knew before hand and I am also in deep shit. So rather don't ask...
Well, unfortunately our nursing superintendent got a call from our ex-colleague ( she is assistant head nurse in our ED and late resigned due to family reason, she is currently ED AHN in that hospital) - our colleague to be is incompetent and having attitude problem. His current employer and ED staff just cant wait to sent him away...


Well, we had one hot potato at the moment and un-shakable as we couldn't get any replacement, now there is another one coming in.... our nursing superintedent would go and talk to our matron to see what can we do...
Well, 2 wks to month end...lets see.....


No comments:

Post a Comment