Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Hotel- room for 4

It is quite difficult for a family of 4 nowadays to get a hotel nowadays when you have a budget. During my last tour back to Malaysia, I had met this problem. We had to put up in a hotel most of the time and I had tried some website to secure a room. BOOKING and AGODA is both my major source but Agoda is most of the time cheaper. However most of the hotel room is either for 2 and only 1 additional bed allowed (enabling 3 persons to lodge). My choice would be rooms only as breakfast in Malaysia is too delicious and having a eat all you can continental buffet in the hotel is a waste.


With a budget of RM250/day it would be simple to get a decent room for 2 but for 4, it would be darn difficult. Hotel with room for 4 person cost >R350/night. We had put up in 3 places during our stay:


1.   Kings hotel and apartment – Melaka


2.   Sunway Putra Hotel - KL


3.   Bulan Apartment – Port Dickson


Both the apartment were below average with dirty bed sheet and pillow. All of the rooms were spacious enough for us to manage our luggage though.


A good lesson for me and next time, I would go for hotel instead of apartment and would book a large room for 2, with sofa of coz ->Yuns favorite. Tried to squeeze into a luxury room of 2 and hopefully the management doesn’t find out….


We would be heading to the hot spring (with mud….) area in Tainan County prior to the New year eve. A breakaway before the tedious new year’s shift….I got a room for 6 (4 persons room fully booked). The hotel had a big swimming pool and great spa facilities for the hot spring. Xian had asked for this tour months ago and his dream is finally coming true. It would be a quiet escape to a mountain area…..


We did not travel a lot during my school day; it was quite a memory for me and I still remembered some pearl moment about those travel – the “African fish” in Ipoh, Cameron Highland…. One of my great memories was Ming Court Hotel located around Teluk Kemang, unfortunately it had been abandoned. During this trip back to Malaysia, I brought Yun and Xian to the Batu 8 beach in Port Dickson and took a bath after the wave stroking session at the good old Guan Ming Hostel.


 


Well, wish to travel more with the kids and leave a good memory to them….


No comments:

Post a Comment