Saturday, January 12, 2013

Lost of Malaysian Passport - the preparation and the run

The travelling to Malaysia Friendship and Trade Center is tiring as I had my appointment on Tuesday morning. I had to get off of my shift 1 hour earlier at 7am and pickup Ving. I managed to get to HSR station before 9am and caught the train in time. The ride was smooth and I managed to meet Mr Z by 10:30am.


A middle-aged Malay uncle, friendly and helpful, he helped me with the filling of the investigation form. Even though I had forgotten to bring my copy of air ticket but he was kindly enough to let me faxed to him later. There were 2 things which he needed to confirmed


1. my flight is straight back to Malaysia and not through Singapore. Back in my college days, there was this flight offered by Union Airlines which flight from the States -> Taipei ->Singapore with a very low fare. I had never taken the flight as it was in-convenient to me those days as I had to take a bus up to Taipei and the flight reached Changi at around 4am. I had to wait and take a bus/train back to KUL, wasting of 4 days for travelling.


2.My flight is within 6 months. As the validity of the certificate is 6 months.


 


Well, I would have to travel to Taipei again in 2 weeks time to pick up my certificate.


The next mission would be verification and certification of the 2 NIA report(lost of passport/ entry and exit certificate). I would have to go to the court to find a public notary to verify it and later proceed to the local foreign ministry southern division in Kaohsiung for the certification.


 


Rest of the process of uneventful and I had my emergency certificate pick up 2 weeks later.


Everything seems set but still I glanced through the net every few days by googling keywords such as “hilang pasport” , “lost of Malaysian passport”….


Most of the thread of blogging regarding of lost of Malaysian Passport was quite old and nothing much for reference.


However this blog :


http://kalmjenn.blogspot.tw/2012/01/passport-in-malaysia-may-2011.html


did provided with me with some extra information. The Putrajaya HQ would be my last resort if everything fail…


Even though I had goolged madly over the net but still I am feeling un-easy about what I am going through.


I had called up the main line 03 -80008000 and I was patched through a rude officer which told me,” you datang dan saya akan ajar you macam mana nak buat”(you come and I would tell you what to do)… a typical prologue of cat and mouse game and I bet he would tell me do one thing at a time – first filled up the form than go to the counter, he would ask me to find a commissioner of oath for sumpah(taking oath of my statement) and go out again for photocopy and come back tomorrow for the interview. A very bad start for me… 2 days later I called up the Putrajaya immigration office in HQ passport and security division, a young chap answered my phone. Although he had to frequently referred to his senior regarding my questions, he had answered my question sincerely and in detail. He had told me that I could come over to Putrajaya HQ and they could process the passport for me, although in most of the time, Putrajaya HQ doesn’t issued any passport.


I was too anxious about what I had read and told and I called up the 3rd time to the Presint 15 office and this time a female officer told me clearly –


1. if the immigration at LCCT took my emergency certificate, they would give me a letter and referred me to the Putrajaya HQ.


2. if the emergency certificate is returned to me at the immigration of LCCT, I should go to any branches of immigration.


I would prefer the Putrajaya HQ as it shouldn’t be as packed as the Presint 15 in my opinion but still, I am in no position to told the immigration officer what to do….


However I was wrong and wrong; I was caught by surprise with a condition that I had never read from the net nor told by anyone…..


1 comment:

  1. Hi Doc
    I am that Ah beng that posted previosuly.
    I am in the mood as same as what you have gone through.
    Also, I pray that all my reports from Taipei has sent to Malaysia Putrajaya HQ on time!
    I graduated from Kaohsiong medical college so I guess that we might have seen each other before.

    Sincerely
    JimmyTeh

    ReplyDelete