Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Lost of Malaysian Passport - The unexpected....

I didn’t bother to get to Putrajaya early in the morning as I had to get a commissioner of oath to sign my declaration. I glanced through the net and find there is this service provided at the Justice Palace and the service is only available at 8:30am.


We woke up at 7 and took our breakfast at one of the coffee shop at Lukut. We reached Putrajaya at about 8:45am and I was the only one to enter the Palace as the kids were barred from entering the Palace because of wearing shorts. It is truly an amazing building and I got by my declaration signed and chopped after 10 mins.


We took a drive to Chancery place at presint 15. The parking lot was not crowded and I had sensed that it would not be crowded. While walking to the main office, there was this room along the corridor with a signboard of lost passport. I walk into the spacious room with a counter. It was a spacious room with several cubicle at one corner with tables. There were 2 officers in it, and elderly one and a young one. The young one attended to me. I noticed that he had were a white uniform with no strips/pip over his shoulder, his inner collar was black in color. He took my emergency certificate and walk toward the senior officer. He make a call and came to me and ask me to sit and wait while he get approval to proceed with my case.


There were several peoples who came for their lost passport. I glanced through the notice board and notice the below facts:


1.   1st time lost of passport, the validity of new passport would be 5 years


2.   2nd time lost of passport, the validity of new passport would be 3 years


3.   3rd time lost of passport and the decision of issuing a new passport would be at the jurisdiction of the director general.


After a 15 mins wait, the junior officer came to me and told me a stunning news – we can not process your application here, your letter/report from the embassy had not arrive yet in Malaysia. I regained my conscious within seconds and told him that I had applied my emergency certificate 1 month ago and the report should have arrived. I asked him what report?. The junior officer had flipped to the page which title as “perhatian” (observation) in the emergency certificate and pointed to the reference no which contained TPE. The ref. no was a report supposed to be sent by the Taipei representative office to the immigration department.


I showed him the NIA report and he told me he just can’t process the passport for me as the HQ did not receive my report and they had no idea of what was going on with my passport. He told me to wait longer and called up few weeks later to see if the report had arrived. It was a totally different story from what I read and what I was told by the 3 calls which I made to the immigration department earlier. I asked him if I could go to the HQ and tried my luck and he said yes and I may appeal to the HQ.


Walking to the car with Ving and the kids, I was a little bit confuse and I prayed that I could get to the HQ in time as it was almost 11am.


There was a large crowd at the immigration HQ as the application for foreign worker was situated there. When I reach the Passport and Security Department, I saw a number dispatching machine which had no option for my problem. So I proceeded to ask one of the officers. An officer in coats with no rank noted came and attended to me. He told me that he had noted my case and they could do nothing as the report from the Taipei office had not arrived yet. Another officer with 3 pips joined him and told me to wait and called up later. I looked at the clock and it was 11:30am and while pleading the officer to help me, I told myself that if I walked out from the office 5 minutes later without anyone accepting my case, I am heading toward Wisma Putra(Ministry of Foreign Affair) and I would get the report myself and find out the culprit behind the delay….


After going through my emergency certificate, the officer told me to wait and he walked into a room.


Minutes later, a lady officer (white uniform with no rank) came out. While flipping my emergency certificate, she had asked me while I didn’t come with the report from Taipei. And then she grumbled that the officers at the LCCT should have given me a report. She asked me if I had shown my NIA report at the presint 2 office. I told her yes and she dare me that not to lie to her. I told her that why should I lied, the officer at the branch does not want to process my application and didn’t want to see my document when I offered to him. I showed her what I had and told her that I am a permanent resident in Taiwan with a job. She asked me how I lost it and I told her that in the house, she told me – oh simple case, misplace only….


I then show her all the documents I had and her attitude changes and told me that she does not promise anything but she would tried to get my passport readied by Friday as stated in the client charter.


I was so relief when she accepted my application. She told me to wait for while she processed my application. After 10min, the lady officer came out and I thought she is going to ask me in for an interview but she didn’t! She asked for my contact no and she passed me a letter and told me once the investigation is completed she would call me….


I praised the LORD when I walked out from the building… Finally it is over – even though it did not happen as what I had expected…I was not in good condition to figure out what had happened as I was too tire and sleepy (poor sleep ...), but later I got my answer and everything seems reasonable....


We proceeded to the Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara and proceeded with the change of Mykads. Xian got his Mykid and we had our lunch at 2pm at the 1F of Immigration HQ. The food at the Mamak store taste good and 4 of us had walloped 1 nasi briyani ayam, 1 mee goring, 4 maggi mee goring, 2 roti canai and 2 roti telur.


We decided to take a ride down to Melaka as planned at 3:30pm….


No comments:

Post a Comment