Saturday, January 12, 2013

the search...

I started my search from the immigration website…


 


http://www.imi.gov.my/index.php/en/main-services/pasport/malaysian-international-passport


It was a stunning one, according to the web page:


An application for replacement of lost passport should be sent to the Immigration Department of Malaysia Headquarters, Putrajaya Malaysia for decision-making/processing which will take approximately 3-4 months.


Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 April 2012 02:54


 


My heart had dropped to the bottom of hell when I read this information. However there were several threads in the CARI forum and the time of waiting was one month to one week. I called up the Malaysia Friendship and Trade Centre Visa division the next day(Monday). A local staff had read through a list of document I needed to prepare before I head to the centre for a emergency certificate. I had asked her about the detail and she had referred me to an official. The official I spoken to was Mr Z and he had told me that the passport would be issued in 1 week time according to his past knowledge. I told him about what I read over the net and he promised that he would call up and give me a definite answer later in the afternoon.


As this was not a theft incident (nothing was lost and I had no further evidence that suggest it was so), I had to report it to the National Immigration Agency (it is considered as a enforcer branch here in Taiwan Though) instead of the police department.


I took a drive to the nearest immigration department and reported the incidence. A report was issued and I went home.


Later in the evening, Mr Z called me again and he told me that it would be 5 days for a replacement to be issued according the immigration department. I did a search again in Malay and found that what Mr Z said was true.


The counterpart webpage in Malay of the


http://www.imi.gov.my/index.php/ms/perkhidmatan-utama/pasport/pasport-malaysia-antarabangsa


had stated


“Kelulusan permohonan gantian Pasport yang telah rosak bergantung kepada keputusan Ketua Pengarah Imigresen dan tempoh keputusan siasatan dimaklumkan dalam tempoh lima(5) hari dari tarikh permohonan diterima”


 


Finally a light for me but still, I had still a long long way to travel.


During my further search later that night I found that for the report to be usable back in Malaysia. It had to be certified by a public notary here and verified by the consular division of Foreign Ministry here in Taiwan. And if the report in not in English or Malay, I had to translate it to enable it to be used in Malaysia.


This is one of the useful webpage.


http://myng-life-explorer.blogspot.tw/2011/09/blog-post.html


The blogger and lost his passport 6 years ago here in Taiwan and he had recorded what he had done for replacement. There is something different with his story than mine. His passport is stolen and mine is not.


I looked at the report issued by the NIA and found that it was in dual language and I could request the report written in English if I want.


So I called up the NIA the next day and the assistant officer had told me that if I could provide the English translation she could write the English version for me.


I headed to the immigration branch again with my english version of the report and got my official report in English. I had also applied for an entry and exit record as requested by Mr Z. According to the list :


http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=%E8%AD%B7%E7%85%A7%E9%81%BA%E5%A4%B1+kln&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kln.gov.my%2Fc%2Fdocument_library%2Fget_file%3Fp_l_id%3D247969%26folderId%3D509042%26name%3DDLFE-5910.doc&ei=rh7yUJmvG8GLkwWYpoHIAQ&usg=AFQjCNGlJJ56wZB--uB_awWCwjnZYMW8kQ


the exit and entry certificate is only needed for those non-resident, however later it proved to be useful when I went back to Malaysia.


The next stop was to head north to Taipei to apply for a emergency certificate to go back to Malaysia.


However before the journey to the Malaysia Friendship and Trade Center r, I had to decide when is the best date to go back.


I had to presume that it would take 5 days to get my passport. However due to shortage of manpower in ED, my leave should be as short as possible.


Going back ASAP in December is definitely not an option as the flight ticket is darn expensive and the immigration would be packed like sardine can due to school holiday.


Out of the 4 weeks in January 2013, the last 2 weeks have a holiday during the week day(24th, 28th. Jan). I would have to leave of 8-9 days instead of 6-7 days.


After discussion and praying, I had decided to fixed the date on 6th Jan to fly back to the home land….


No comments:

Post a Comment