Saturday, March 5, 2011

i care about their pain...


 


I took glance over the narcotic prescription sheet while I signed my name…. my signatures were all over the sheet, for the past 3 days, I was the only one who prescript pethidine..


ketorolac for peptic ulcer pain ???? no pain killer given for trauma patient with fracture ????? -- not my style...


I grinned and told the nurses, I would be definitely blacklisted by the narcotic bureau on their next visit…


One had to be a patient than to know how they feel…I remembered Mark Green( ED physician – ER series) always ordered pethidine injection to trauma patient after his primary survey… Strangely, I learnt part of my practice from the ER series, being a patient in the past , I felt the pain and discomfort…


Feel what the patient feel, treat everyone of them as someone you love  - is an essential factor to be a good doctor…as a no one in this field , I am in no position to tell anyone to do so…but I hope someday when I am in pain, I am in good care...



No comments:

Post a Comment