Thursday, March 24, 2011

no where


I was summoned by the dept supt of admin 4 days ago and we had talk about my job review…


She had prepared a memo, comparing my paid per hour with Lem. It revealed that the different was 100+ different. I got paid more than Lem. I told her that it is truly unfair as Lem only day shift and he got 4 week end off and I work mostly night shift and I had to cover for 2 weekend.


Truly unacceptable… She then told me that the pay of board certified ED physician had risen to a sky high level as someone had manipulated it. I told her that is true but that is the market price. I told her if the hospital think my pay is a fair price compare to the market, then the hospital would easily hired a handful of people like me…I said I would gladly place my resignation if the hospital could hire someone with the price they paying me…


I told her during the 1st negotiation, I had told the management that if they agreed with the figure I requested. I would not care whatever they pay others in the future. However they had bargained a 15% less figure and told me that revision would be done if any new ED physician is recruited. The dep. Supt asked me if I would accept the previous figure, I told her “definitely not”… I had waited and I request a fair wages….


The discussion ended up no where as she could not make any decision… further discussion to be done next week....


No comments:

Post a Comment