Tuesday, March 1, 2011

settling down as health and medical officer....

 


I got my MO posting letter few weeks after I was posted to casualty department. It was just a state away from Selangor. I was reluctant to leave my house and filed my appealed. I had tried to pull some strings but was unable to get those “big chain” graded one. I had asked around and someone had told me that working at the health side (govt. health clinic) is better – no calls and I could focus on my study. I decided to called up the clerk in charge of the posting of the Jabatan Kesihatan Negeri Perak(Perak Health Department). She told me that there is a vacant in Slim river – 120 km from my house and I thought it was acceptable. We made an agreement, I withdraw the appeal and she would post me to the spot. Few days after the conversation, she had called me up again and asked me if I wanted to be posted to Tanjong malim which was closer to Selangor. I told her I gladly accept the offer…


I got my posting letter 3 weeks later and finally started my job as a health and medical officer….


One of my colleagues during the house officer days was posted to there as well and she brief me about the condition….


Me and my father had driven up north and tried to find a house. A single storey terrace house was around RM300-400 and I was lucky to find a new house with the price of RM400 /months….


I still remembered the first day I reported to duty. ……I presented early to the JKN Perak. I waited for a long time as the new Director was busied as she was new to her job as well. I did not met her but was brief by the deputy director (health). I left the office by 11:30pm. I took a drive to Tapah health office when I got my first bombardment from my new boss. The 1st thing he asked me was – why did I reported late? He had asked me as if I had wandered around ……I explained that I was discharged later from the JKN Perak…..the briefing was brief and he had told me not to “curi tulang” as he would monitor us from time to time….


I drove back to Tg Malim and seen the Medical officer in charge, the next day, I had started my work……it was an easy life , I spent 2 year 8 months at the clinic….


No comments:

Post a Comment