Thursday, March 17, 2011

UXO

UXO , aka - UneXploded Ordnance


It was a queer period in the past…. Boss seldom talk to me nor discuss with me...I presumed it was due to the shift….


A discussion was done today... I dropped the BOMB...


 


 He was not surprise when I told him that I wanted an a review for my salary and shift…


I told him I had been 3x tumor terror( the latest one was a mass over rt parotid area…)… I was lucky that I slipped through…


I told boss that I am willing to have a cut on working hour if we could get another ED man to come in. I would “tie up” my working hour with Lem – both of us would work only 360 hrs (so 360- his working hour would be mine). In such case, the rest of 360 ED hour would be shared by the rest of the 2 ED guy.


Boss had told me that recently they had approached a doctor but did not successfully recruited him… I could understand the reason – most of the shift offered was night shift – (a usual ED man work 7d8n or 8d7n per months), but with Lem on most of the day shift, we had only 8-10 days shift to split among the rest of us… The other reasons was the working hour – with lem working 220+, there would be only 140 to be allocated to the new comer.


My suggestion help boss sought out this 2 issue as I told boss that I am willing to do all night shift with a working hours of 140 only. BUT I want an adjustment…


I told boss I got paid 30% less and it is unacceptable as the most of the hospital difference was only 10-15% less.


Boss mumbled a little bit about the current situation…he had hinted me that there is problem with the shift at the moment and I told him in a polite way that I need some weekend as I need to go the church and currently I am getting 4 solid days off only…


He told me that he would get back to me later on…


I knew his strategic and he would definitely try to talk me into sharing all the weekend with K.


I would not walk into the trap, my last move would be resign…


The hospital is in no situation to loss any one further as 2 doctor would be leaving by the mid of May. The hospital was unable to get anyone new coming in. The radiologist from centre of Taiwan had rejected the offer after some friendly dinner and lunch meet….


 I am not trying to push the limit of the management and squeeze whatever I could. I seek only fairness and a cut off working hour.



If the negotiation comes to a good end , I would be getting another 15% raise or a cut of working hour by 30%...either both I gain. But I am prepared if the LORD is sending me on a training path earlier that it should be…. I had to wait and be patience….


 


No comments:

Post a Comment