Wednesday, February 12, 2014

childhood food - wantan mee...

During my early days in college, I had missed Malaysia so much, esp. the food. After 4 years of serving with MOH, I had “memorized” all the taste of my favorite food. The eagerness of “must eat” was not there but yet from time to time, I would think of those mouth watering yummies…
Wantan mee at one of the corner coffee shop in Setia Alam...(Rating = enough class = up to standard)




Wantan Mee is one of my favorite since childhood. In the past, there were a few shops in Klang who is specialized in selling Wantan Mee. The first one is along Jalan Tengku Kelana (now is known as India Street), the shop also offered abalone dried mee which cost around RM24 ( RM 0.80 for 1 plate of average wantan mee at that time). There other shop was opposite the post office which owned one of my classmates. Both of the shop was classic to me.
Later in my life, I had come across many wantan mee which I thought was up to the standard.
Wantan mee was a Cantonese dishes and I thought I should find that best in Hong Kong but During my 1st trip there, I had tried out the “Lou Min”(stir noodle) and found that it was something very different. The wantan mee has become one of its kind and I precious the chance of tasting it during my home visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment