Saturday, April 6, 2013

GE XIII

Finally the GE13 is on its way….


After 20+ year of gaining the voting right, I had never cast down any vote…. During my 4 years of service with MOH there was no GE. When I was a child, I was told a lot of unfair events regarding the govt. by the seniors in the family. One of my uncles was even a political secretary to a minister at that time. At that time, Chinese was shouting unfair ,unfair and unfair but it seems that they are the only races who had the feelings…


There were 5 GEs held during my schooling day and the opposition had performed poorly. The govt. had actually taken care most of the citizens properly.


In the past most of the “earth prince” are cool – they had nothing to worry, govt. had taken care their of their children education fund – there is always a place for them to study without worrying about the expenses so that the financial hardship is not there like the other races. Top scorer go to overseas and the middle range one go to the top U -> false impression that the “earth prince” is academically lower , but in fact their best of the best is getting the best share abroad….


Malaysia had been developed like don’t know what in the past few years… salary increase and so do the cost of living… however there are many who felt that earning a living is difficult.


I would hear stories regarding corrupted politician on my visit back to Malaysia. A gardener who joined the “balance scale” for just 6 months could spend hundred of thousand renovating his house. A district officer who had brought a bag full of cash to Australia during an official visit organized by the district office and so and so and so…


The unfair part– the govt. should have look after the minority instead of keep stressing that the majority should enjoyed the most interest – the minority is neglected ( the African American [make up of 14% of the total population] are being look after and given more privilege than the white)


The strategic work until recent few years when the “being look after” found that a small part of them enjoy more “privilege” and they wanted a change.


I had follow up the thread of a bunch of Malaysian residing in UK filing a suit against the EC for voting as absent voter since 1+ year ago. The plea was rejected but later the EC had announced that it would allow Malaysian residing oversea to cast their votes…. Both Ving and I had sent in our application via email 1+ month ago.


I was expecting load of overseas voter but yet the result was disappointing. I was expecting load of Malaysian residing/studying in Taiwan to apply for the voting but yet I am wrong, my explanation is simple – bad habit from the ancestor: remember how our ancestor sold our right out during the formation of Malaya -> now we had the chance and yet they given it up… failure of Chinese independent school education ? I wish I knew the answer….


It would be an expensive voting for us as we would have to take the high speed rail up north (360km x 2) ….yet it is still worth every penny as both of us had never voted.


I would be looking forward for a change of sky….


No comments:

Post a Comment