Sunday, April 28, 2013

GE13 - my 1st postal voting

I had a good 7 hrs sleep before I woke up and enjoy my cup of coffee...(white coffee bean from Aik Chong, I purchased it from the Aik Chong Old shop in Malacca), black of coz...


It was raining when we started to clear up our tent and gear however the process was smooth as this is not our first time packing on rainy day.
We had our breakfast at a noodle shop nearby and headed up to the mission's office which is 12 km away.

outside the mission

There was this Malaysian Student Association members who were around the entrance preparing to educate Malaysians on how to vote...

It was Sunday and there is no office that is working today, the mission had set up a desk with 2 election officials just in front of the lift. We presented our IC to the lady sitting at the desk and our names were crossed and allowed to enter the lift heading to 8F. The kids had to stay at the ground floor as only voter is allowed to enter.
There is another desk in the mission's office where we were handed the envelop which content the ballot paper, envelop and borang 2.
We proceeded to the Saksi room(which is not necessary as we can find any witness as we wish). In the room, there were 2 officers and 4 cubicles with tables just like the voting center. We presented the envelops and borang 2 and had them signed in front of the witness.
During the process a young chap came and started to talking at a raise tone at the envelop collecting desk.
According to him, he had felt that it was unfair as there was serial number on the ballot papers, envelops and borang 2. He felt that the vote would be traced back to him... I looked at him calmly and restrained myself from commenting his act at that moment.
The young chap had queued up behind me and after my borang 2 was signed. He approached the Malay uncle(one of the witness) which I thought was the senior officer about the "unfair" and he had said that he is going to mail it back to Malaysia himself and asked the official how it should be done in ENGLISH. The official politely show him out and told me what to do outside the room.
What I wanted to say to him was:
1.When you met an govt. official, speak Malay if you can, and don't raise your tone especially when you use English while talking to them. ( a message to them, I am a Malaysian and I knew the language well to show that I care about the country...)
2.When you don't trust the system - don't involve = don't vote
3.Read through the internet before you asked- regarding how and where to mail the ballot paper is noted over the net....just GOOOOGLE..
4.I am not afraid of my vote being traced back to me - I want the relevant people to know what I preferred and if "flashing" my vote is not against the law, I would "flashed" it...Lim Guan Eng would not be afraid of letting other people know that who he vote ....so do I... let them trace, if them wanted to ....nothing to shout nor complained. But in fact, I read the borneopost online today morning in which the state EC director of Sabah explained "how secure" it is about the postal voting...

I completed the voting and placed my vote into the bag...a short process and I am happy that I had voted on GE13... 
Syabas to the mission, they had really done a great job on the voting process planning - a smooth flow and great setting of the ballot room...

Post voting: there was another shopping tour at the IKEA nearby and we headed back to our home by 1pm... stopped by Taichung "Red Ghost" steak house for lunch + dinner at 3:15pm...
here I am with the proof of my postal voting...






No comments:

Post a Comment