Monday, April 15, 2013

Night of no CT scan....

It had been a long weekend for me, I went off at by Friday noon and came back for night shift on Monday night. When I came to work today, Lem had told me that the CT was downed since Friday noon. The service team had come for a service routine and when they reboot the machine -> voola, it was down.Further examination had revealed a damaged IC board and it need to be shipped form Singapore. The board had arrived yesterday and after the replacement the machine is till downed and another IC board was found to be faulty; this time the board have to come from America. It is now 4th day without any CT and if any advance imaging is needed, Lem had to me that MRI is the choice….Well,  here we are and the hospital had managed to survive the past few days without the CT scan.
I recalled those days when I served as houseman in the Klang GH. When the CT is not available, we had to send patient to Selayang or KLGH for CT scan. The houseman would have to accompany the patient to and fro for the imaging. Definitely not a good job as there would be load of task waiting for you when you returned for the errand. 
We are lucky as we have MRI as backup, but still, ordering a MRI for unstable patient is really risk taking…..
Well, just keep my finger cross…..hopefully I don’t need any urgent CT tonight…

No comments:

Post a Comment