Saturday, April 13, 2013

Nothing is fair

The ED and Out patient clinic is actually 2 very depending unit in our hospital. The clinic would “pushed” some patient to ED if the illness is severe or complicated enough to be managed in ED. Sometimes, some hot shot doctors with loads of patient would referred patient for admission via ED as they don’t have the luxury 10 min to sign an admission. I usually would not reject such request as we worked as a team. The existence of the OPD in the evening had lessen my work load and I appreciate that.
As for K, even though the management had agreed that the ward on call doctor would assist during the ED evening session on Saturday night, K was still very unsatisfied with the arrangement of patient distribution. He had insisted on an equal basis that each doctor should see equal amount of patient rather than the ED doctor seeing triage grade I-III and the ward on call doctor seeing the grade IV-V. He had done some compliant toward the nurses triaging skill (triaging too many patient into grade I-III) and holding back examination as much as possible lately.
Lem had a discussion with me and I had told him that K intention of drawing attention of the management was so obvious. However it is not a right way to do so….but our conclusion is nothing could be done….We shall wait and see how long would it take for the management to discover the fact….
There would be a final showdown on the arrival of the new ED physician later in August…
I just hope that my shift is not affected after that….

No comments:

Post a Comment