Monday, April 8, 2013

Wood work....


Ving is a big fan of wooden stuff. More than half of our cabinets are made up of wood. Since few years ago , she had persuaded me to start doing some wood craft and I had purchased  some tools…
I had an electric jigsaw, sander, drill and router initially. The tools were placed aside after I build my 2 gun rack ( 1 for the BB hand gun and 1 for the Nerf Long gun).
Few months ago, I had decided to build myself a book rack as my bookshelves were being taken over by the kids gradually. To save place, I decided to build mobile book rack like those use in the library so that I could store them under my big table.
All begin from a search over the net for plan and I managed to get one and after adjusted the measurement, I stared the build.
I had bought my wood material from B&Q. The adjustment of measurement was done so that I could do the least sawing and cutting as I had difficulty to cut straight line with the jigsaw(of coz, it can't as jigsaw is not mean to cut straight line).
The screwing and trimming of the edge took about 3 hrs and I had 2 mobile book racks build.
The result was stunning and I started my second project.
During the period, I had bought some useful book and done some reading over the net. I had created some assisting device to enable me to cut straight line with the jigsaw.
I had decided to build a small cabinet to store up my wireless router(not the power tool router), modem, linkstation, slingbox and those wires which create the most trouble for the irobot, as I had spread the above gadget over the floor along the wall..…
With the assist block, I am able to cut straight line with the jigsaw and I had started the build on one of a Wednesday afternoon.
The process was a tedious one and it took me about 10 working hours to complete the project. The key for the delay was the tools I am using. I need to spend lots of time placing clamp and block before a cut thence I had spent a great time cutting the wood.
the 3 antenna....with the chongkak

 
everything in order....
 
the opening...
After this project, I decided to build a working table upside down hanging a circular saw and router. A daring project and I had partially completed it….


No comments:

Post a Comment