Wednesday, April 24, 2013

HxNx....

There is one confirmed case of H7N9 last night. The news had made it look like a disaster. I had this lady who was seen in OPD clinic 2 days ago for upper respiratory tract infection and came to ED asking for screening. She was afebrile and despite of complaining of worsening of symptom, she claimed that she tolerated it well. She had travelled to the Zhang Jia Jie, Hu Nan Province, which is not at endemic area.
She had expressed that although she had not visit to the related province, however she had contacted with peoples that might had come from the above area. I reassured that she is afebrile and there is currently no evidence that it would transmit from human to human and discharge her.
I do feel comfortable seeing patient with URI symptom at the moment but if there is evidence of human to human transmission, than it would be warzone again for me. I had to don the "full gear" to see feversih patient....risk taking job but still it is my job,unlike the SARS, we had this tamiflu now

No comments:

Post a Comment