Wednesday, August 16, 2023

urn run - the first leg

 

My anxiety had growth over the waiting period; my shifts were packed as usual as I need to do 20 shifts in 25 days before I hit the airport. I later found out that the window I had planned was within the  school holidays and it also collided with Hari Raya Haji. No wander the flight ticket was expensive and hard to book.

After reminder from my dad about the holiday matter 3 weeks before the journey. I had to discard my plan of doing a last minute hotel booking. The best choice was hotel around the Mid Valley Mega Mall. The drive should be 20 mins or less; I had wanted to get something nearer preferably breakfast not included but yet it was not a good area for some food apparently. I had to settle with the Cititel Hotel which came with breakfast. 

During the scarce off day Ving and I had gone to IKEA and bought a basket made with rotan. It would be my container to hold the urn during the drive. I had done some math and estimated that the basket could hold the urn properly and could be secured with the safety belt on the back seat without any difficulty.

I had packed a simple luggage and booked the connecting flight from JB to KL 2 weeks before the journey.

Ving, dragon cat and I left home at 10am. It was a smooth drive and we reached the airport by 11am. I kissed Ving good bye and headed to the double A counter. The queue was long even with the frequent flyer lane.

I managed to check in my luggage after 40 min of lining up at the counter. The security and immigration check was fast though. In no time, I was patronizing the free duty shop and trying to get a cask strength whiskey for my brother.

My brother was lucky as I had managed to land my hand on a Omar Shirley Cask Strength produced by Nantou Distillery which he had sourcing for sometimes.

The boarding was smooth and I had fallen into dreamland as usual before the flight take off.

The Pak Nasir nasi lemak was tasty as usual; it had been 4 years since I had it. Not surprisingly, the ‘not enuf’ sensation had emerged when I swallowed the last piece of it.

Peace was with me as I closed my eyes and flashing back of what had happened since the CNY trip…Everything was in order and yet I had prepared for the worst as anything could go wrong especially when one is dealing with the dark side…..

The flight had landed uneventfully and I was greeted by my brother at the exit. 

We had had dinner at the Nine dragon ice shop where we had noodle and red bean ice campur(HK style of course). Nice meal but expensive though(no the price only, but later both of us had suffered from diarrhea the next day).

We had arrived late at the hotel  and enjoyed a sip from the whiskey which I purchased few hours earlier....


No comments:

Post a Comment