Thursday, June 6, 2024

 

I had told Ving that there would be no harm if we gathered with our parents during the CNY prior to departure of my 1st flight. The meaning was different and we could enjoy festival time which was different in nature.

The plan was however altered as Ving had found out that there was this Global Chinese Conference organized by the church this year during CNY. Ving asked me if we could go back and attended this gathering during the CNY.

Yun was still stuck with her study and it would be a trio journey for us again. Ving would take the early start with Xian pushing from K city to KLIA 4 days before I head north for a flight to the Lion country. Xian and Ving would later take a flight down south with the Firefly and we would fly back together to CKS at CNY eve. We would then participate the global conference in T-city and headed back south on D2 of CNY.

4 flights for me to book and I need to worry about another trip up north from Kulai to KLIA2 via land(apparently fully booked of flight) on CNY eve -1 days. The 3D2N lodging in T city around the CNY was another challenge as it was very close to the venue and the option leftover was limited.  

All the booking was done within a five days window after multiple loops of checking and rechecking.

Makan tak kenyang , tidur tak nyenyak was best description of my life after my return from the 1st flight.

There was this case I met 5 days before the journey. A middle-aged handicapped man was run over by a car and sent into the ED by EMT. I was complaining to the Great one about unfairness treatment to the patient. He was a patient with CP and walking difficulty. Apart from that, he was also deaf and had to read lips for communication. I was expecting internal bleeding secondary for pelvic fracture while doing the FAST echography. However everything was negative, he had only sustained some pulmonary contusion on the CT. I had asked the young police chap who came for investigation about the mechanism of injury. The video clip extracted from the nearby CCTV was stunning. The patient was crushed under the wheel of an SUV while heading to the train station after his work.

I did further inquiry after the patient’s father came. They did not have any specific religious belief though. I knew only the Great one could show such grace and I was curious why he had done so…..

I shared the case few days later with Yun and during the conversation, I finally realized that the miracle was actually directed toward me; The Great one just wanted to tell me, he is always along my side. A strange way to present himself, but It was the response from him that pacified me.

I felt peace afterward and stopped to worry about the journey. 4 days after Ving and Xian arrived at KLIA2. I started my drive up north. It was a warm morning and I managed to secure everything in the house and double check all the windows and doors before I hit the road. I stopped by at clear water R&R and bought some biscuit/snack. The temperature had dropped below 20C and I had put on my jacket while I wandered around the R&R. It was a brief stop, I continued my journey and reached DaYuan by noon. I had stopped by a food joint hoping to get some bread so that I could eat during the flight but all I could only settled with Taiwanese bread which I did not favor of.

I parked my car at a private parking lot nearby the airport as I had failed to book a lot at the airport parking area. It was winter holiday then and peak season for travelling.

I had arrived early and the counter of Scootair was still closed. I was lucky enough to find a corner around waiting area and taken a good nap before the counter checkin begun. The security check and document check was smooth and I was still able to find a seat at the dining area for a quick lunch. The red wine beef stew with rice was up to the standard but yet my anxiety prevailed.

Scoot was considered as low cost carrier and the menu offer nothing special and it was very expensive so I decided to skip the meal at 30000ft (reason that I bought the bread). The flight was a smooth one and I landed at T3 on time. 

My sis in law and mother was waiting for me and it took us about 1.5 hrs to arrive back home.

As I promised myself during my last trip for a nice BKT; I had brought my parents down south to JB to have a trial at the Hockien style BKT at Skudai. Sub-par to my standard but yet still acceptable, no fish prawn also ok la .

Ving and Xian arrived the same night and we spent 2 uneventful days around Kulai. The Trip to Kota Tinggi was postponed due to flood and rain. It was a place that I had fantasied for a long time. I wandered if I would I have a chance to visit the place in the future…

During the stay, we had visited a Malay night market nearby and I found that Malay food providers had greatly improved since my day in KK. Apart from the traditional food/cake, I had seen many new type of food added to their sale. I was lucky to lay my hand on the famous coconut shake and lots of goodies...

One thing that haven’t change; Chinese were still unable to mixed with Malays around the southern part of the peninsular; we were the finger countable Chinese that patronized the market

It was a short stay for us and we had a pre CNY eve family dinner at a Teocheow restaurant before we left; special food but yet not my cup of tea. It was the first time I had eaten such dishes and I thank my bro for setting it.

My sis in law had booked a minivan for us that evening and we left Kulai at 4pm.

The driver sprinted the Granvia like it was it’s last cruise. We managed to arrive at KLIA2 Tune hotel by 8pm even with the jam and 2 stop at R&R during the journey. One of the most expensive ride I had paid(incl the surcharge for CNY) but yet it was the only option that I had as no flight was available on that day.

After check-in to Tune hotel; we had wandered to KLIA2 seeking for dinner.  We had stopped by the food court and I had ordered mee mamak goreng from the food stall manned by Indonesian. I can assured you that it was the best mee goreng mamak that I had for the last few years.

The Tune hotel breakfast was a satisfying one and we managed to have a last tap of Malaysia yummy before we headed for the check-in. The first part of the daring trip ended when we boarded the flight….the next thrilling part awaits us at the other side of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment