Wednesday, July 31, 2024

The bump......

 

It had been 4 years since I actively involvement in shooting competition. There are 2 bodies that organized airsoft shooting event on this island. The defense association and the practical shooting association. The PSA is a member of the IPSC and had been well known through a serial of movie “Double tap” and “Triple tap”. I had been deeply attracted by the movie but was unable to assess the PSA as whenever I inquired about the entry procedure and training, the head would always gave the answer, “ you come over and play for a few rounds before you joined”. Unlike the IPSC in HK where introduction course would be held and admission would be done after the course.

I just don’t have the extra time play a few rounds before I officially joined. However I did purchased a whole piece of gear from CR speed belt, magazine carrier with Ghost holster. That was of course almost 18 years ago.

4 years ago, I had found this course organized by the defense association and I had joined the course with Xian. I got by Glock and Xian got his 1911. I had shot a few matches after the course and was wrongly assessed with a DNF during a tier III game. It was major setback as I was not familiar with the rulebook and some #$%## safety officer had wrongly given me a DNF instead of a all miss….

I had translated the rulebook(prohibited of course as it only recognized the English version[however I am pretty sure there was a Italian version around somewhere]) and share it as an unofficial learning tool.

My shooting skill sucks as I had switched my interest to revolver after the tier III match. Shooting REV was a frustration as the tools was poorly design and inaccurate. My skill improved but however since there was only a handful of participants, only the best man won. As a senior aged shooter, getting a placement with prized was never feasible for me. Shooting real steel was another impossible dream as the tours available would take up at least 6-7 days.

Last year, my club’s master had informed me that he had found a short trip in Thailand which only last 4 days. 1 day training and 1 day competition + 2 days of travelling.

I lost my mind and signed up…Ving had however pushed Yun to join me in the event.

It was an amazing trip, Yun, a newbie to the sport, had conquered her fear and completed the race.

I finished the race while struggling to adjust myself with the recoil and trigger control.

One of the mates had shared his secret about airsoft to real steel transition; ---- to get an airsoft with great recoil and trained!

He recommended the GHK. I immediately placed an order with the upgraded version while on my way back from Bangkok.

The training process was lagging initially while I struggle with the trigger control and grip to overcome recoil.

After months of training in the attic. I finally had a breakthrough and started to advance.

The club had organized another trip in August and I had refrained myself from joining any real steel tour I think it would be fun to go with the big group.

My training result finally came into test when I joined the tier II match nearby; I made it and was bumped from marksman to sharp shooter…..



Tomorrow, I would be heading north and taking another flight to BKK as 2 days later I would participate in the tier i real steel IDPA challenge  ……


No comments:

Post a Comment