Planning a family trip before Xian’s leaving was on my mind for the last 6 months. However, everything was tied up and the family trip was not feasible.
The next trip after Xian leaving was Malaysia and later on London. I had noticed a slot on my roster which lasted for 6 days; I had taken a bald move and mastered a trip to Bangkok with Ving. The tour was later expanded and included Yun and her mate.
It was a 5D4N trip. The planning part was actually filled with struggle. Initially I planned to take a budget airline but their scheduled really sucks; late arrival to DMK and red eye flight back to K city. And there were actually first freedom flight connecting DMK - KHH - elsewhere in Japan. Delay of flight is actually possible due to involvement of a third destination.
I finally given up the thought and opted for a traditional airline. I opted China Airlines so that we can push off in the afternoon and arrived late in K city on the day of return; maximizing the duration of stay in BKK.
Lodging was a pain as locating a 4 person room was actually very difficult; especially if you want something not that entry level.
It gotta be transportation hub friendly and could housed up to 4 persons. The difficult part was I don’t know where to start my search.
I could only tapped into each of the options suggested by Trip.com/Agoda/Booking and see what kind of room they offered…. Only 2 choices left after the 1st round of selection. A room of 4 and a 2 room apartment was left for me to choose from.
The selection process was simple as an apartment would come with a kitchen and maybe a washing machine. Although it might not have the luxury feel of a 5 star hotel but yet the facilities that it provides would be so convenient for our stay. Our last trip to Beijing was a memorable one.
A list was made out while we started to trolling the youtube for Bangkok tour.
Most of the tour was about shopping centers and foodies, but my focus was museum. It had always been museum for me; those exhibition items were good media for one to learn about another country.
We had compiled a final list:
water market, railway market, night market, museum (national, art, moca, bangkok) and some shopping center.
Food wise, we had chosen only one signature restaurant: Copper beyond Buffet. The rest of the meal would be walk to where eat to where basis.
The list was revised and revised as Yun would have to attend meetings and online classes as we travel. I had made adjustments to accommodate all the items on the list and the list was finalized 2 days before our journey.
As usual, it was a long course of shifts before the journey begin.
It was a shame that Xian did not make it with us. For him another great journey had begun far far away and all I could do was to pray for him. Maybe next year, we would team up again and walk down a path.
It was time to let go, and entering a life that I had never imagine….
No comments:
Post a Comment